Our mission is to glorify God by becoming more like Jesus Christ and shining the gospel light as we serve our community and beyond.
the Lord and Others
"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."
the Way and Path Forward
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven."
with Courage and Compassion
"And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works."
The Word of God is our authority. We will always do what is right; not what is easy, popular, or convenient. And we will do so without excuse regardless of the cost.
We will work as diligently on ourselves, our families, and our service to the Lord as we would work on anything else because everything we touch will improve when we improve personally. Our daily pursuit will be to become more like Christ by walking in His conscious presence.
The glory of God and the good of the church comes before the personal pride, comfort level, or agenda of any one individual or family. We understand that we must add value to each other and the opportunities God gives us.
We will honor and serve one another, give the gospel and train others with urgency and a healthy rhythm, because there is power in the intentional now of doing what God has given us to do.
Attention to Detail
By the power of the in dwelling Holy Spirit, we will master the basics of service and commit to doing ordinary things extraordinarily well. We are committed to becoming faithful in the “little” things, because in the diligent pursuit of the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus, we will lay hold of excellence.
OUR DECLARATION ON SAFETY AND RESPECT
We believe that a church, school and its ministries are to be places of safety and respect:
- all of those who work with children must have a clear reputation and a completed background check on file
- children’s workers are trained in the inherent value of each child as made in the image of God and the recipient of Christ’s love on the cross
- our environment is to be one of grace, mercy, peace, justice and speaking the truth in love
- we teach respect for others and individual soul liberty which means that we cannot and will not attempt to force faith or a set of beliefs on anyone
- children are vulnerable and must be protected and advocated for, and any attempt to harm them will be reported immediately to the proper authorities
We are committed to being a place where everyone and especially children can thrive by learning that they are precious in God’s, their family’s and our sight. We will teach them how to think for themselves and use knowledge aright, to recognize their common humanity with others, and to see the value of making wise choices in life.
This is a summary of the principles upon which we stand, and the mind, heart and spirit from which we serve.